MOTION PICTURE FILM SCANNING SYSTEM
Features | Specifications
Telecine is Dead!Moore's law in computing performance and storage capacity has made the traditional telecine model obsolete.
Fast. Easy. Flawless. Affordable.
Unlike traditional telecines and real-time scanners, the ScanStation Personal allows minimally-trained operators to convert film directly into digital form at speeds of up to 30 fps. Image and soundtrack are simultaneously converted to multiple formats including QuickTime ProRes (UHD/HD), DPX, or TIFF — all in a single pass without the need for time-consuming post-processing!
With its many options, the ScanStation Personal is designed to be tailored to your individual requirements and budget.
- 5K resolution for 35mm, 2K for 16mm, and 1K for 8mm
- Up to 30 fps simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading directly to HD ProRes, DPX or TIFF
- 2D optical pin-registration (no edge-guiding)
- 35mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 8mm, Super 8mm, 28mm, 17.5mm, and 9.5mm film gate options
- Optical and magnetic soundtrack reader options featuring:
- Simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading
- Synchronized image and audio output direct to ProRes (no post-processing and no third-party tools required)
- Read soundtrack at any speed (no requirement to read in real-time)
- Optical: variable area or density soundtracks
- Magnetic: commag or sepmag rolls (no need for separate magnetic soundtrack reading equipment)
- Diffuse light source for optical scratch and fingerprint reduction
Fully motorized auto-focus eliminates manual focus guesswork.
Some competing scanners offer only manual focus which does not allow for optimal focus at 4K resolution.
- All-chrome film path option
- KeyKode reader option
- Built-in color and dye-fade correction
- Cool LED light source protects film from heat damage
- Power requirements similar to a standard PC workstation
- Operates in normal office environment (no special cooling required)
- Automatically adjusts for shrunken film and soundtrack aperture position
- Safe handling for warped and spliced film (no pre-inspection required)
- Meticulously calibrated, aligned and tested at the factory.
- Full one year warranty (parts and labor)
- Extended warranty available
- Includes host computer pre-configured and ready-to-use with MS Windows and Lasergraphics Motion Picture Film Scanning System software featuring:
- Full transport and scanning control
- Adjustable horizontal and vertical framing with visual selection of scan area
- Aperture and shading correction
- Automatic or manual DMin calibration
- Fast interactive gray balance and base calibration
- Shuttling from 1 to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm) with image preview and KeyKode recognition.
- Selectable imaging speed from 1 to 15 frames/second
- KeyKode-based job management
- Multiple simultaneous output resolutions and data formats including DPX and all popular QuickTime codecs.
- Fast HD QuickTime Dailies
- Per-clip color correction
- RollView ™ with thumbnail preview and automatic clip/splice detection at up to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm).
|Automatic optical zoom||Included||Not available|
|Max scanning speed (fps)||60||30|
|Film formats: Included||35mm, 16mm, 8mm, S8mm||35mm|
|Film formats: Optional||28mm, 17.5mm, 9.5mm||16mm, 8mm, S8mm, 28mm, 17.5mm, 9.5mm|
|Pressure plate for severely warped film||Optional||No|
|All-chrome film path||Included||Optional|
|Optical sound reader||Included||Optional|
|Magnetic sound reader||Optional||Optional|
|Built-in editing table||Included||Not available|
|Automatic Failed Splice Recovery||Included||No|
|Generate ProRes and DPX without postprocessing||Yes||Yes|